Sunday, October 10, 2010

Eminem Interview

I decided to do some research before writing a letter to the editor in support of a family friend who is running for office in Iowa. I was pleased with what I found, 2 letters in support of him. Another site mentioned all of his community involvement- a site specifically about candidates. Even recognized the name of one of his campaign employees, a classmate from elementary school. As usual it didn't take long to know what to write as the editors like writers that can make a point really quick. So it means going with your "A Game". I thought about giving mention to how he gave me an Iowa Hawkeye mug when I graduated from college, but it seemed to lack relevance. I did speak of knowing him for a long time since he was a classmate of my brother's. Hopefully one or both will be published. I let him know in advance so it wouldn't be surprising to him.
     A big part of my day was errand running and chores. I finished watching the DVD and got it back to the video store. I had a close call while driving after leaving the video store, when I was pulling into the street I noticed an oncoming car was closing in faster than I thought. So I said to myself  "Uh!" and acted quickly to get through the intersection. After that I made it to the mall and used a Dairy Queen coupon, it was 2-for-1 on Blizzard treats. It was my last stop since I eat one right away and take the other home for later on in the week.
  Didn't go to the comedy club tonight, pro football games ran long on CBS. I saw a promo for "60 Minutes" where an interview with Eminem, the musician, would be aired. It was a good one, and of course part of it mentioned his movie '8 Mile', which made me a fan of his music. I like interviews as there's plenty to learn from people if paying attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment