Thursday, October 21, 2010

Being Dour

I was doing some errand running and got to the laundromat later than I wanted to, around 9:30 pm. I had my loads in when somebody came in and asked if it was mine, normally the last wash is at 9pm but I would be allowed to stay. I noticed their Kansas City Chiefs shirt they were wearing.
   One of the reasons I was a little late was the reminder of how 'Big Bang Theory' is on Thursdays now, and I wanted to see it. I was paying attention to the closing credits and noticed Sheldon's friend Amy is played by Mayim Bialik, who had the lead role on "Blossom".
   At work the 'pop culture psychiatrist' said somebody anonymously wanted to notice how I was smiling, rare for me, when I got an employee of the month award at a meeting Wednesday. Odd, how they think I don't smile much though I do embrace being dour often. I said I take my work seriously and I am different when off the clock.

No comments:

Post a Comment