Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Hotel Luncheon

I went to a luncheon at a hotel near my workplace today, the vice president was speaking there. It was an event for a candidate for governor. I got out my suit coat and a tie for the event, but I made sure not to have it on at work so I wouldn't have to explain why I was wearing it. Had to ask what I was eating, was told it was chicken, it was more fancy than what I normally see. It led me to mention how I remember being the help at these types of events when in college.
  My boss decided to make it a group event on walking for a contest in the afternoon. Apparently there is a bet between two higher-up managers and the loser wears his opponent's pro football team jersey.
   Made it to the comedy club tonight, though the headliner was relying too much on crowd rap and I'm not a big fan of crowd rap. It often looks like the comic is searching for material.
    I had 2 messages from my online dating account, one of them asked about my blog and I liked the question about it. I said I thought it would be fun to write about her rodeo experiences. No dates set up just yet, but there likely will be soon like this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment