Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Two Packages

There were two packages delivered to me at my workplace earlier today. One was campaign materials from a family friend running for office- stickers, cards, and buttons. I am displaying a sticker and card in my office and put a button on my denim jacket. The other package was a ticket I had ordered for an upcoming event. I was unsure if there was any delays due to a slight change in the mailing address, but the guard upfront said items were still arriving.
  I did 40 laps around the floor in support of the walking team I am a part of, had more of the time to do so since the workload was lower today. I spoke of how I had done Relay for Life with the American Cancer Society before, and I enjoy walking. But I do fun and games when my normal duties are done.
  Also notable today was what I saw while waiting for the bus after work. A blind man was trying to cross the street and fell, tripped on a construction cone. I heard him swearing a little after falling. I would have helped him but others were closer and could react more quickly. I would have had to jump down from where I was sitting before I could do anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment