Thursday, October 14, 2010

More Good Theater

I went to a play tonight after work, 'How to Talk Minnesotan', at a small theater inside of a hotel. It had plenty of laughs in it about Minnesota stereotypes, like hot dish. Liked meeting the actors after it.
   Looks like another one of my letters written in support of a family friend will be published. Feels good to have writings accepted, especially when I am ineligible to vote for him and want to help in any way I can.
   I am finding out the power of words when writing, the more I write. One wants to send the right message, and it means being careful when writing. Interpretation is left up to the reader, and one wants to avoid being misunderstood. I aim to send the message to vote for him, and why he's the right choice based on what he's for.
    I walked another 20 laps at work, but it left me hungry which I don't like. I ate some before the play, during intermission, and after the play. I would have done it all at once but wanted to get to the play on time.
    Enjoyed discussing children's books at work with a colleague today, since his mom is a librarian. These books send an important message to the reader. Put another way, there is a moral to the story. Some stories like Grimm fairy tales have a lesson in them, and just as famous for lessons is the 'boy who cried wolf'.

No comments:

Post a Comment