Sunday, October 3, 2010

Poncho

The MC at the comedy show I attended had an outfit on that many people noticed, one comic said it looked like a 'snuggie'. She later said it was a poncho, but it didn't look like rain gear, more like a sweater with no sleeves.
   I made in onstage tonight, and I did jokes about the recent festivals I had attended, saying it may not look like I would let loose at these events but I do. I said if there was a Youtube video from Oktoberfest- and I did find one from the previous year- the dancing fool in it is me. I also did ones about the scooter store- recently got junk mail from them- as well as about getting some D-Con for pest control and the recent baby picture contest (looking dour). Feels good each time how taking the stage and telling jokes is a natural and comfortable thing for me, and how I seem to find the jokes people will laugh at.
    Much of the day was errand running, taking out the trash and recycle, doing dishes, and the laundry. I didn't watch much of the pro football on TV, though I watched my VHS tape of the movie "Abraham Lincoln" from 1930 and fell asleep in the middle of it. Jason Robards is in it as his law partner, William Herndon. Hadn't seen it in a while. Also went to the library to get printouts like for a Dairy Queen coupon, as I don't have my own printer yet. Thankfully I don't need to print something that often. Made it just before closing time after finishing my laundry.

No comments:

Post a Comment