Tuesday, October 26, 2010

United Way Campaign

We've had an ongoing United Way campaign at my workplace, it includes a silent auction. Plenty of food gift certificates being offered, but I won't bid over the declared value of one. Also noticed there were 3 pairs of tickets to a comedy club I frequent, 1 of them has no bids yet. It would be a good joke to say I bought tickets I didn't need, but I can give them to somebody like my college roommate. At the end of the day I had bid on about 7 different items, but had the leading bid on only 1. No need to bid too much on the first day, as it would make the bidding go too high. These auctions are known for the act of   'sniping', AKA last-minute bidding, anyway. Told a comic friend about it after the show tonight.
   Found out Youtube has some full-length movies, when searching for anything on 'End of the Line' from 1987, starring Wilford Brimley and Kevin Bacon. It was about the protest of closing a railroad line in Arkansas. It intrigued me when seeing the ending on cable, but the movie was hard to find for a while. It was filmed in Arkansas when President Clinton was governor of the state, saw the closing credits. Watched the opening credits on Youtube, no time for all of it right now. But I like knowing it's there.
   It was windy tonight, could tell when driving to the club as my light car was getting beat around a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment