Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Cupcakes at Work

I did 20 more laps at work, 2 or 3 at a time when I had the chance. It was a busy day but I tried to find the time whenever possible as 2-3 laps doesn't take long. There was cupcakes as well, celebrating a new client.
   I was asked by the family friend running for office to send more letters of support to other publications in the district he is running to represent. It was no problem whatsoever, especially in the online age. I hadn't heard of some of them, but when one lives in the county seat we would mainly know what is in that town. The district is most of the county. I tweaked it a little, cutting out a few things and adding others. I said I am truly impressed with his work with youth programs and educational opportunities.
   I fell asleep this evening and after watching 'Cougar Town' there was a special about the Chilean miners. After a few minutes of watching it I decided to go down the street and get a snack as I was hungry. I bought a pumpkin pie and a little ice cream. I'm sure the laps I walked had something to do with it. I can be competitive and my team leader sure is, who suggested what I call 'shoe shining', doing a lap when I could. I even referred to how I was sometimes competitive as kid, winning a silver dollar when I won a tricycle race.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment