Monday, October 4, 2010

Found Clip

I went to the comedy club tonight, and somebody who sat next to me said I had a new clip on the website. It was from when I performed as a last-minute replacement two weeks ago. It is a short clip, when I talk about attending the Lady Gaga concert, but I still liked seeing it. Saw a comic friend tonight, first time in a while, and told him about attending the Texas State Fair in Dallas and a football game at the Cotton Bowl. He asked me what I thought of the Grambling band, I said they were good. He then mentioned the movie 'Drumline', so now I will have to rent it soon.
    I was busy at work for most of the day, and I liked it that way. Sometimes it's just for the first half of the day. Needed a bandage due to a paper cut, I work in an office after all, had to go to the guard desk to find one. Later found out where they were moved to. I'm fine with them moving things as long as they tell us where, and make them fairly easy to find- but this didn't happen here.
    Still thinking about how much fun the weekend was, and how observant I can be, like seeing an older man in front of me at Oktoberfest with a hat on and various pins- one was of Teddy Roosevelt, celebrating the 150th anniversary of his birth. The women in the same row had chicken hats on, hard to describe beyond that. And how it was likely a compliment on some level when the comic who followed me called me an 'acid flashback'. This same comic had previously said I was a tough act to follow, which is definitely a compliment. I still believe in imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, and when I am zinged I must have been memorable.
   I did tell one of my comic friends about a classmate and ex-friend sending me a friend request on Facebook. I told the story about how we had parted ways in college a little while ago, and what led to it. Can't recall what he recommended about it. I know I had ignored his previous request. This one was prompted by us commenting on the same comment thread, about a junior high science teacher we both had. At this point I could go either way, but lean towards that he leave me alone. It was one of the better decisions I made when we parted ways and I found another roommate for my final year of college, and those people became good friends. I may have called it a 'benchmark' in my life, not sure. It's just hard to be reminded of the way things were. I have spoken with this classmate at a reunion since then, our next one is less than two years away. In many ways I prefer that we talk only at the reunions. I have gotten to know some classmates since then by talking to them at the reunion. I didn't know them well in school, and I like how I'm willing to branch out and turn over a new leaf. So, readers, I'm sure some of you may already know what I will likely end up doing here. You wouldn't think a friend request would be that big of a deal, in terms of the amount of time and energy contemplating it, but it can be a big deal. Some of you may be able to relate to my situation in some form or another.

No comments:

Post a Comment