Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Flu Shot

I went to the comedy club tonight and enjoyed meeting somebody who was the friend of one of my comedian friends. Actually he is a magician/comedian. It's because his friend is somebody I could discuss history with! I liked discussing the craft of comedy with him as well, as I understand it.
   I am still trying to schedule a date with one of my online matches but it looks like we are running into scheduling conflicts, hopefully we can still work something out for next week. Being out of town for most of the next two weekends made it harder.
   There were flu shots offered at work for free, I got one near the end of my lunchtime. I figured our facility manager, or facility 'czar' as I call her, would want me to get one. She was the one that found me in the breakroom last year and pretty much marched me in there to get one. It was my first-ever flu shot. Seemed appropriate on some level to see her again in the breakroom this time, though it was trying to straighten the artwork depicting food. Emailed her later on and said I did it, she was pleased.
   Went to a Menards to get a window insulator kit for the winter, saw somebody I knew there but it was after I had started up the moving sidewalk, couldn't stop and go back. I don't know his real name, calling him 'Ron Paul' since he supported him for president. Knew him from riding the bus.
   After Menards I stopped for a quick dinner at a convenience store and was captivated by seeing a woman in front of me in line. She had a gray wool dress on with bare legs, although this time of year that can be really chilly.

No comments:

Post a Comment