Friday, October 15, 2010

Music and Art

I went to a music and art event tonight. A news anchor was there as the MC. The music was all right but I noticed some gaps in the guitar playing, and sometimes the guitar amp was too loud that I almost couldn't hear the singing well. But it was a free event, and the food was fine. Nice to see people showing off their talents. I was listening closely to the music since I want to have it envelope me and truly experience it.
   There was a Target store nearby so after the event I went there to get a wedding gift for the Facebook wedding tomorrow. Finding the gift registry was tricky as I was a little rusty, so I asked for some help with it. There weren't many options left in terms of price range and availability in the store, which is fine as it narrowed the list pretty well. It took me less time to find something.
  Busy day at work, made it to 20 laps at the end of the day. But I reached my goal, so that's good. Had some Lady Baltimore cake at lunchtime for the first time in a while, since I was hungry after the lap walking.
   Facebook can be a good tool. One of my comic friends spoke of good driving songs. He said 'Lost At Birth' by Public Enemy was the best, asked if 'Radar Love' ranks high on the list. Thanks to Youtube I listened to it and 2 other songs by them. I said 'By The Time I Get To Arizona' and 'Get the F Out Of Dodge' were good ones as well. Those songs also suggest 'driving song' with the titles alone. Another comic called me 'dear' which made me laugh. I was asking if he was having another show nearby soon, he had me confused with somebody else.

No comments:

Post a Comment