Wednesday, January 5, 2011

4,000 Matches

I decided to do something long overdue today, and it was re-booting my online dating profile. This meant re-answering the questions in the personality profile, hadn't done it in more than 2 years since I first signed up. I think I just didn't want to take the time, but it didn't take long at all- about 30-45 minutes. I got some new matches right away, and a few have rejected me but I've told myself when things aren't working out it means needing to step back and re-evaluate. Something likely can be done better. If I fail now, it won't be due to lack of trying. I also know it's a matter of making sure I put my best foot forward each time too, something I still need to do more often. As my former boss and mentor said, you never get a second chance to make a first impression. With some matches I may have lost out due to being late or talking about myself too much. I know how to avoid these problems, it means way more effort on my part. After 4,000 matches and most of them aren't high quality it was time.
   An advisor on my social life is likely disappointed to hear this since he wanted me to give my lady friend another chance after she agreed to slow down. But something's wrong if I'm still ambivalent about somebody I've had 7 dates with.
  My boss still wasn't in today, so my performance evaluation will have to wait at least another day. I had a dental appointment after work, liked scheduling it on a day with no comedy shows and how I wouldn't need to leave work and then come back since it usually is a midday appointment. I made it over to a convenience store in my former neighborhood and they recognized me there, which was nice. Decided to eat before the appointment. Odd how well I've gotten to know the dental assistant there, almost by accident. I said one procedure was tough to handle if on a comedy show night since it meant having to wait to have a beer. I did share where 3 of my comedy clips could be found online, she said 'hope there aren't any dental jokes' although the visit did help me find more material.

No comments:

Post a Comment