Monday, January 17, 2011

Fuel, and In Therapy

I watched 2 DVD movies today, had the day off from work due to the holiday. 'Fuel' was a documentary about oil and alternative fuels, mentioned biodiesel, and liked how it went through the biography of Rudolf Diesel, who invented the engine. Also wrote down Naomi Klein, who wrote a book called 'Shock Doctrine', as well as a movie called 'Louisiana Story', since both were mentioned in it.
   'In Therapy' was a Brazilian movie about a bored middle aged wife who went to see a psychiatrist. I liked one line about how she didn't cry when her mom died, she was 8 at the time. And she didn't cry for anyone or anything after that either. I could relate to it. But she cried when her friend died of cancer. Also liked one scene where her husband was trying to get rid of her, since he was obviously just trying to watch the soccer game. Tough thing was having to back up every so often to reread the subtitles.
   Also watched 'Jeopardy' after getting back from returning the movies and going grocery shopping. Though I didn't like the taste of the egg nog I picked up, made from soy milk. For some reason I got 2 cartons, a quart each. Not sure why I didn't just get one. I have drank one of them already, just wanting to get rid of it.
   Saw a comedian friend tonight at the comedy club, first time in a while, same was true for his lady friend. I shared with them about how it was going with who I am dating currently.

No comments:

Post a Comment