Monday, January 3, 2011

New Month, New Bus Pass

One of the things I tend to do regularly at the beginning of a month at work includes getting a new bus pass. The current pass is good through the 7th but it's good to have the next one before the current one expires. Another thing I often do is go through my records and throw out the obsolete ones, as I toss them after 2 months. I keep the report page but send the support documents to recycle. But I kept a few pages that were funny to me, like one that said 'submitted to my work spouse for her disapproval'.
   My work spouse was out of the office today, when I found out I said 'that sucks!' and this is truly how I felt. I wanted to share more with her about recent dates,as she is one of the few I confide in. It also meant having to 'reshuffle to deck' to see we had the proper coverage. Bus was late after work, so I got back home later than normal so I was off to the comedy club after just a few minutes at home. It was nice to see all the people there of course, even though I wasn't picked. I like it when some of the new comics come to me for advice about the craft, or when one of them said they saw my clips online.
  Normally I don't pay much attention to syndicated reruns of 'According to Jim' but the one tonight reminds me of my life, about the brother in law having plenty of failed relationships. Although I am not as extreme, he claims he was 'cursed'. When he brought much of it on himself.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment