Sunday, January 23, 2011

Crowded Bar, Found Friend

I saw one of my comedian friends and his wife when I went to a bar to see the Bears-Packers playoff game today, Bears lost 21-14. He was surprised that I am a Bears fan, spoke of how it went back to 1984 when I was a kid, they were on TV a lot since they were winning divisions and had Mike Ditka as coach. Also lived in the NW suburbs of Chicago for a while, when I attended my first-ever Bears game during the Champaign season of 2002. Got a late start on the day, so I watched the first half at home and drove to the bar to watch the second. Added plenty more pictures to my Facebook album, 14 in all, more than doubling it, now at 24. Many were from travels in the fall, like to the Texas State Fair in Dallas as well as Oktoberfest in New Ulm.
    I fell asleep while watching the second game, Steelers-Jets, but woke up in time to see the ending, that the Steelers won. I recognized one of the presenters of the trophy after the game, former Steeler player Franco Harris. His backfield mate, Rocky Bleier, was the other. Knew a little about Bleier from reading the books I found about the Steelers 4 Super Bowl wins in the 1970s.
   Somebody I met at the comedy show in Faribault, Minnesota, from Saturday friended me on Facebook, I accepted. She later tagged me in a picture of me and her. She wanted a picture with all of the comedians there, I took one then was asked to be in one.
   Tried to contact my dad tonight, unable to do so, same as on Saturday. So I found the business card he gave me of his pastor, and called it. I know the phone reception isn't always great where Dad is.

No comments:

Post a Comment