Wednesday, January 26, 2011

After Action Review

My apologies to my college roommate if I got the term wrong. But he has been advising me about my dates and I think he called it an 'after action review', a military term since he was in the military. I like how he has been willing to help me with plenty of pointers I wouldn't think of myself, and I want to get these things right.
    A comedian friend did a Facebook posting about how she was matched up with me online, and I sure was puzzled when I came home from work and found those notices piling up in my email account. some were funnier than others. I first asked 'What?' and 'Where?' Then said I had a rule about not dating coworkers, at my dayjob and at the comedy club. Reminded myself that I was matched up with her, but it was months ago. And didn't pursue it due to my rule.
   It was odd that a colleague and my boss wanted to discuss me using the term 'flunkie' today, and no it has nothing to do with flunking a class in school. Odd how he said I was being overbearing, but i found out after looking up the definition I was using the word properly and he wasn't. It refers to somebody who does menial tasks like delivering bad news. He still intrigues me, but can get to be nosey and too inquisitive. But he reminds me of me, so that intrigues me.
   I wanted to make it to the comedy club tonight but didn't make it in time. Had too much to do like get a copy of the comment thread I mentioned, since it's good joke material. Also wanted to rest some and I must have fallen asleep for a while as I dreamed and can't recall doing too much of that recently. There was one about trying to stay on top of a horse I was riding, another was watching a video of myself while helping out the high school basketball team. The last was of my friend from school smoking a cigar at a comedy club I frequent, my little league teammate. I was woke up by some screaming kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment