Thursday, January 13, 2011

Water Visit

I had a day off but it was still a full day. It began with a mentoring event, at a water processing facility. Liked doing the tour, it meant putting on safety glasses. Good lunch, better than what I usually have, plenty of string cheese which I like. There was an obstacle course after lunch but my student wasn't there so I wasn't asked to go through it. We did an acid and base expiriment that included baking soda and Tums inside Coca Cola, water, orange juice, and lemonade. I helped with dumping it out in a blue tub, hated looking at the muck. After it I drove home and watched Jeopardy and Who Wants to be a Millionaire. They've changed the rules a little in the past year. After it I decided to get started on my drive to a hair appointment, at a hairstyling school. I had a certificate for a free haircut that I must have acquired at a silent auction/benefit event. Thankful I built in extra time to the drive, since I needed the margin for error as I made a wrong turn but still got there early. Meant to use it before but found out I needed to book appointments more than a week in advance. Couldn't wait that long, it was October and wanted it cut before attending my first-ever Facebook wedding. Spoke with the stylist at length, she asked about my lady friend. I liked how listening to her led me to deciding to try a few more new things, wanting to put my best foot forward. Picked up some cologne since she said smelling good would help on dates, I've had way too many end as 'one and dones'.
  I wanted to get to the library to get a literary contest entry typed after the hair appointment but found out most of the terminals didn't have a floppy disc drive, they're kind of outdated now. So the librarian recommended I find some blank CDs at a Target, and my laptop has a CD drive so it means I was able to type it at home which is even better. Got it typed and submitted online, now just need to mail the entry fee in. Had no problem finding inspiraation for 3 poems, called 'The Laundromat', 'Wanting Wondering Waiting', and 'Emerson Hough Blues'. Found out I had started 'Blues' earlier, which made it easier of course, didn't have much more to write. My 4th time entering in this contest, through the College of Charleston.

No comments:

Post a Comment