Friday, January 7, 2011

Addendum Completed

I asked my boss near the end of the workday about completing an addendum to the performance evaluation given to me the previous day. I guess I just wanted another chance to show off my writing skills, although I am already the note-taker at many meetings.
    I fell this morning on my left hip trying to make the bus. I was in a little pain throughout the day, but still got around fine with walking. I may want to see an urgent care provider to find out how bad it is, if it's just a bruise I will feel fortunate.
   It was a good idea to take tonight off and get caught up on record-keeping and resting. One needs time to sort through things literally and figuratively. I watched a little of the Cotton Bowl game on TV but not much. Also had some errand running I wanted to get done.
   I read an online article about writing good online dating profiles, and it gave me some good ideas about how to improve mine. So I added mention of how I do volunteering like the mentoring program through my employer, I figured somebody would be impressed with hearing about it. I hate to admit how it's been tough since I rebooted the profile this week that I'm mostly seeing closed matches, no takers yet. When this happened before I said it was an 'unmitigated failure' and decided to do something about it by re-writing my profile. Eventually, something will work if one is putting their best foot forward.
   When I was in my car tonight, I liked hearing a song on the radio, 'Concrete and Barbed Wire', by Lucinda Williams. It reminded me of being at a post office before where I heard her song 'Essence', I liked the lyric about 'waiting in my car'.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment