Sunday, January 30, 2011

King's Speech

Went to see the movie 'King's Speech' today. I laughed and cried there, some scenes reminded me of 'The Cowboys', a John Wayne movie, where swearing was allowed if it helped somebody get over a speech problem. It resonated with me when sibling rivalry and parental issues were undercurrents that led to the speech problem. Some scenes triggered memories of seeing a therapist. I did not see a speech therapist, though I was told 'you're articulate'. I was afraid of developing a speech problem due to having some family members plagued by one. But I didn't, although I was still afraid of public speaking for a while. Odd how it worked out for me, I now go up onstage and tell jokes, definitely got past that!
   I got caught up on record-keeping and rest today, which was nice. Before the movie I went to drop off 5 small bags of recycle to a place I knew had the bins.
   Called my dad tonight, heard some more about his surgery from earlier this month, he has another appointment coming up soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment