Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Presentation Day

I did the presentation at the department 'convention' in the early afternoon. Felt good about it since I had done plenty of public speaking, especially comedy. Even started off with a joke I had used onstage, about how it felt like 'Price is Right' when they yell 'come on down!' The colleague I call Mr. I.T. said I wasn't going to win anything. I had a diorama brought in, it was of the collapsed Metrodome, originally shown at the carnival from last month. It was a good story to tell, about how seeing it helped take my mind off the waiting for news about my ticket for the football game. The other one I wanted to bring in but I didn't want it falling apart on me, it was nice as well, reminding me of the 'Hansel and Gretel' house since the roof was made out of candy.
    Looks like I have a date for Friday, so now that means getting ready for it. Picked up a paper so I could read an article about the previous Bears-Packers playoff matchup in 1941, I like seeing archival photos and the historical perspective. Also made it to the grocery store and picked up a few items from their discount table, like some small boxes of Captain Crunch, hadn't eaten it in a while. Also some small boxes of Quaker granola bars, love the peanut butter kind. Didn't want to stay outside for long, since it is subzero again.

No comments:

Post a Comment