Monday, January 10, 2011

Fewer Conflicts Now

Really odd how things can change quickly. There are fewer scheduling conflicts now, since one show I agreed to attend later this month is postponed. So I can attend another show the same night. This comedian friend had seen me respond all too often this way, and yes I really hate saying no to people but have no choice. He said 'now you have to attend' when I saw him tonight, somehow he knew about all of it but not sure how.
   I did go onstage tonight, did quite well as I learned my lesson from the last time, one needs time alone before going onstage to know what material to go with. Still not entirely used to having fans talk to me after the show but I still like it. One was a couple that introduced themselves, I said I usually try to remember people's names by connecting it to those I knew before with the same name.
    When I am motivated, I can get plenty done. This was true at lunchtime today, wanting to walk over to a ticket office at a hockey arena for a game next month. A minor league game is being moved here, much like nearly 6 years ago, and the tickets are cheaper so I'm fine with going. Found a ticket in the 5th row near one of the goalie nets, so it should be a nice view. It was a nice way to celebrate my birthday when I had attended previously.
    Work went fine, doing special requests, though one was tougher than the others due to my boss having the file and I didn't know this at first. But I got the file long enough to make the copies I needed to complete the request before the end of the day so it worked out fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment