Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Picking Up a Button

I had hoped to get a Winter Carnival button at lunchtime today, but the kiosk selling them was closed. But I knew a convenience store near me has them, so I picked one up after work. After that I went to the library and returned the DVD I watched this weekend, then on to Walgreen to find holiday cards on clearance. I don't like doing so much errand running before going to a comedy show but wanted to get all of it done tonight so Wednesday would be more free for resting and record-keeping.
   I liked how I helped a comedian friend due to Facebook, they spoke of hearing the term 'Colombian necktie' and I said it was in the movie 'K-9' starring Jim Belushi. Haven't seen it in a while, but I think I liked it more than 'Turner and Hooch'- same premise (dog and cop) and same year. I recalled how the song 'Ika Ika' was in it (also in "Rain Man", a favorite of mine) and how they run a 1965 Mustang through a carwash with the top down while the dog is still in it.
    The one thing I was able to accomplish at lunch is a rare event, hopefully will stay that way. I was in a rush to get to the ATM on Monday after work, wanting to make my bus on time, and pressed the wrong button. Asked for $40 and wanted just $20. So I put the other $20 back in, but it meant going to a teller.

No comments:

Post a Comment