Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Moving Around Lightbulbs

I got home from work today and turned on a light, a bulb went out. Seen this happen many times before of course. I then went to move over one of those new CFL bulbs, didn't fit inside the globe. So I found another standard one somewhere else, but told myself I needed 2 bulbs in the living room so I had to swap them again. After going to the comedy show I went to get another CFL, and moved the standard one back to where it was. I like how there's just one CFL, unlike the standards which are usually sold in a 4-pack. I like using up the package right away, and the CFLs do use less energy. I decided to go with the attrition system, where I use them until they burn out, no need to change them any earlier. I just don't like standing on a chair for long while changing them, I guess it's that fear of falling due to the chance of losing your balance. I ended up retiring 2 bulbs as I noticed another one in the living room was out. It has been a fairly big week of retiring things, did that a little after doing laundry a few days ago, a sweater with a collar and some socks. I try to get as much use out of things as I can.
   It was nice seeing a friend at the comedy club tonight, I mentioned pictures sometime soon since I don't have any comedian friends in my 'ring of honor' just yet. He also advised me to pre-order tickets for his show later this month, guess that responding on Facebook may not be enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment