Saturday, January 29, 2011

Twins Fanfest

Went on a date to the Twins fanfest in Blaine today. First time at this venue. Crowded there, but we made it through fine. We saw Paul Molitor get interviewed live on the radio.
   I did get ahold of my dad's pastor, still haven't heard from my dad since surgery. Must be phone line problems there.
   Also returned a call to a Texas man from earlier in the week, asking about somebody with the same name as me but I didn't know him. I did say I wanted to share his story since it would be great to tell on my blog. He told me his own name as well as who he was looking for, and that this man was a teacher of advanced math in my area and was his roommate at Texas Tech in 1962. Was there on a special scholarship grant.
   I had hoped to get around in time to see a movie tonight after my date, but I didn't. Will just push it back a day. There were some other important things I wanted to get done, like get caught up on record-keeping, rest, and going through mail. Of course it means using the shredder on the junk mail, which I like. I even 'shred the junk mail' like an old disco song, 'shake your booty'.
   This was a notable day in my family's history, as we moved from Monroe to Newton on this date back in 1983. I shared this fact with my date.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment