Thursday, January 20, 2011

Haircut Picture

I added a haircut picture to my Facebook photo album this evening. Figured out a way to take one myself, though the picture isn't that great. Decided to add one of some of my "Simpsons" collectibles as well, on a shelf, along with my dad's friend's Maytag plaque. I recall speaking of him while on a date recently, surprised I forgot about him for so long since he died when I was in 8th grade and he did babysit me a few times. I thought of the Pearl Jam song 'Nothingman' as one lyric is 'those who forget are destined to remember'. And all of those memories flowed back, like another Pearl Jam song, 'Elderly Woman'. Thankfully the plaque was still there for sale, first time I saw it in an antique shop I didn't buy it. I bought a few other Maytag items after the Whirlpool buyout as I wanted some things to remind me of my upbringing. Since there was some positive things from it.
    After watching 'Big Bang Theory' tonight I did venture out in the subzero weather to get  a few things. Some of them are for the date I have planned for Friday. Got the pictures taken before leaving as I knew I could get what I needed, for the most part, at Walgreen. So I decided to get some pictures of my home in there as well. I like having pictures of all the places I've lived.
    It was a weird day at work, our I.T. didn't work very well so it meant doing things more manually, in terms of having to create the payoff cases ourselves, usually they are created for us. But we found a way through it, one has to find a way since people need those documents.
    Also on Facebook tonight I had an I.M. conversation with a fellow comedian in Dallas-Ft. Worth. He liked my comedy clip about going to the Lady Gaga concert. I liked advising him about the craft, and told the story about how I got into comedy. Haunted by the memory of not trying when encouraged by friends while in school, then fate intervened, a weird year where I went to 2 funerals and a wedding. Spoke at 2 of those events, and the third was what mostly spurred me there. Since there was a comedy club gift certificate at the silent auction and benefit event. Though the public speaking helped, telling myself how comedy is just public speaking.

No comments:

Post a Comment