Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Presentation Soon

As the saying goes, a big part of life is showing up. I made it to a meeting earlier today and was given a speaking opportunity for later this month about the committee I am a part of, as the note-taker. A few other members weren't there. I figured if I can do comedy I can do this as well, which is what I said about comedy before- it's just public speaking. I will want to have all of the facts available when I speak, but was told I can get this help in advance. Though it will have to wait since I was doing special requests and will have Thursday off for a mentoring event.
   I saw the president's speech from Arizona tonight, as a history major it seemed like something I needed to watch. When watching ABC's 'Nightline' show I realized how true it is, since it was compared to presidents giving speeches after tragedies like the space shuttle, the Oklahoma City bombing, and the 9/11 terrorist attack. Nice that they got Lincoln's Gettysburg Address in there, still the gold standard. I liked when he spoke of what unites us instead of what divides us, something I have often said before.
   I didn't do much else tonight as it's nice to have an 'off night' once in a while. I saw a 'Big Bang Theory' rerun before they cut in to the show the president's speech, a reminder of what I was willing to give up in order to be around my comedian friends when it was on Mondays.
  Picked up another CFL bulb today, at a Walgreen during lunchtime, along with a bar of soap. So it's even again, 2 GE lightbulbs and 2 Sylvania. At least in terms of the ones I've bought. It can be hard to find GE bulbs as not every store has them. The living room fixture has a full 3, and the other is the halogen light next to my easy chair.

No comments:

Post a Comment