Thursday, January 27, 2011

Volunteer Award Banquet

I decided to go to an award banquet tonight as I figured they would have better food than what I normally eat, and I was correct. Though it was a tight schedule, didn't have much time to check email after work then had to leave and still was a few minutes late. Despite this, I still finished my food before others did as I was a fast eater. I was hungry as it was late for me to eat. Liked seeing my name next to the display about the mentoring program I am in at a nearby high school. They had some pictures from the Wolves game last month, I am in the group picture at midcourt and another is of just me and my student. Sadly, I found out today how they will be switching students on me again. My 4th year in the program and only once have I finished the year with the same student as I started with. It's a lack of effort on the student's part, can't make them respond to emails and attend events. Last email I received was December 2, and he attended just 1 of 3 events.
   I am tired, might have been in my best interest not to attend the banquet. But I can decide to just go to bed earlier tonight. There was I.T. problems again at work, so the payoff reports had to wait again.
  One of my comedian friends changed the date of a comedy show, and the new date doesn't work for me. It was to be this Saturday, but was moved back a week. So I had to change it to 'not attending'. But he has a show a week after that, February 12, which should work fine for me.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment