Sunday, January 9, 2011

Scheduling Conflicts

I just noticed that some of my Facebook invites were on the same nights as some shows I had already agreed to. So I had to say I was not attending, due to a scheduling conflict. I am starting to question the wisdom of even saying so, when I recall what had happened last month when attending a Wolves basketball game. So I guess it means just pressing the 'not attending' button. I called myself an 'invite whore' and unfortunately sometimes I get more than one invite a night. Hate having to say no to some people, but have no choice. Made a joke about if I should get into the cloning business, like a 'Simpsons' episode.
   Speaking of 'Simpsons' episodes, there was mention of them on my date today and again while onstage at the comedy club this evening. I mentioned three on the date, two of them after seeing a sturgeon in an aquarium at a mall. The third was about skunks going off after they're dead. I said my date was 'today's winner' on the episode reference, though it's rare that I think of three in such a short time.
  After the show I shook hands with some of the patrons, most memorable was a woman in a football jersey, Philadelphia Eagles if I'm not mistaken, who gave me her name. I think I'd be able to recognize her if she was there again. One of my friends was zinging me more than once, I could tell she was disgusted about her lack of success in the dating world. I often speak about dating while onstage. I liked that I gave her another joke idea.
  Watched a DVD this morning, a road movie called 'Tennessee', starring musician Mariah Carey. Liked seeing a vintage Mustang in it, one character said it was a 1967 model. I like road movies as I like to travel. It was a busier day than normal for me, where I had to move back chores like dishes, trash, and recycle to evening after the show.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment