Friday, January 28, 2011

Chores Galore

I wanted to get the place cleaned up for visitors expected on Saturday. So after work I got started fairly early. After checking email and watching some favorite shows like 'the Office' I got started on chores, which meant laundry. Called my college roommate while waiting for the laundry to finish. Then on to doing dishes, recycle, and taking out trash. Also included was sweeping and mopping floors, finally putting away the laundry that was in the basket, on hangers or in the drawers. Got just about everything done I set out to do but I was really busy.
  I'm trying to remember a lesson from work this week, that is to ask about others more. I did this when I called, starting off with asking how things were on the eastern seaboard since he moved from Memphis earlier this month. Of course he spoke of the winter weather, plenty of snow there.
   It was a fairly routine day at work, though the boss wasn't in today. Also liked going to a committee meeting as a good friend of mine is on the same committee, a drawing card for me joining. The afternoon was mainly spent with writing up the meeting minutes for that one and for one earlier in the week, liked getting things finished by the end of the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment