Sunday, January 1, 2012

All is Quiet

I recalled attending a Bears-Vikings game at the Metrodome before on New Year's Day to end the season. One of the songs played then was 'New Year's Day' by U2. 'All is quiet on new year's day' was part of the lyrics. Today was the Bears-Vikings game again, and my date went with me, Bears won 17-13 after trailing 10-0 early on. Thankfully we got an early start on getting to the concession stand, with a minute left before halftime, as the line was much shorter. First time I had taken light rail after a game at the Dome, I had often taken the bus before. I think it was the first visit to this facility since the roof collapse just over a year ago. I spoke of the 'non-Metrodome trifecta' of events that had to be moved out of the Dome when it was unavailable. And the Vikings games are one of the few big events held there, since Twins baseball and Gopher football left for other stadiums.
 Of course last year, when this game was moved to the Gopher stadium, I drove to a ramp near campus and then walked across the river. There was a picture from last year's game in the program, one of those where the game was to find the differences in the pictures.
    The date continued into the evening, as there was a birthday party to attend for two people. My date decided to switch chairs, saying there was a nail sticking up from the seat but it was hard to see. It was cold and windy after the snow last night, hard to ignore. When checking email there was a link to a short video from Redbox, about the top videos of the year. One of them mentioned a movie I had seen, 'Horrible Bosses'. I had rented 3 from there in the past year, as I finally gave them a chance after a movie I wanted at Blockbuster just didn't seem to be available. It may have been due to having too few copies, but whatever reason they gave would seem invalid to many customers. If a business doesn't take care of their customers, someone else will.

No comments:

Post a Comment