Wednesday, February 8, 2012

13 Years of Service

I marked my service anniversary at my workplace today by bringing in 2 different types of store-bought cookies. One of those was spritz cookies, a memory from 6th grade as we were given the recipe then. The other type had a Valentines theme, no surprise in this month.
    Had to look it up online to see if any notable events happened that day. I found some mention of King Hussein of Jordan being laid to rest that day. I do recall mention of him coming to the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, and when he left he said he wanted to die in his own country. So he flew back to Jordan and did just that. It will be 2 more years before I end up with another gift besides just a gift card. For 5 years I chose a 35mm camera, for 10 years I chose a clock. I still have the latter but not the former.
    At the comedy club tonight I didn't see the owner, but then one comic made mention of it how he was in Alaska, so his wife was in charge. The final comic wasn't getting many laughs, a new comic, I didn't like him doing so many fat jokes. One needs to diversify. A regular likes me laughing at his joke, and said I was a ray of sunshine but I see myself as dour. But the comic is memorable as I once heard 'tough act to follow' from the same comic.
  One colleague at work spoke of helping with re-potting a plant, and at first I was confused when she spoke of going to night-school. It was to help drug addicts, I heard 'addiction' and asked if she was a speech therapist, thinking it was 2 words (a diction) instead of 1 (addiction). I was in later than typical today due to a physician appointment. I was a little early for it so I decided to drive over by an A&W location I once liked eating at. It still has a 'for sale' sign up, has been closed for more than a year. I hate to see empty buildings, but I usually know it's best to write it off as 'that's the economy'.

No comments:

Post a Comment