Tuesday, February 14, 2012

2 Shout-outs

No, not shutouts. I got 2 shoutouts at the comedy club tonight. One was from the emcee, who did the joke with the 'crappy parents' punchline. Then from another performer, when I laughed at his 'To the Moon, Alice' joke. I knew it was a reference to an old TV show, 'The Honeymooners', and I like many of those older TV shows that I first saw in syndicated reruns.
    I had a date before the show, some dinner and gift exchanges to mark what once was my least-favorite holiday, Valentines Day. In many ways it came as no surprise how there were many who did jokes about it tonight as it's topical. It's rare to have a date on a weeknight. Since I used a different route than typical to get to the club, I needed some time to find what was familiar, but once I got close to the destination I was fine. It was a comparable driving distance, which helped.    
   At work I am doing more cross-training, found out why. A colleague is leaving soon and has to train others on what they know. I found this out when I did my 'one on one' with my boss late in the day. I came well-prepared for the event, having an agenda of things to discuss, as before I was told I wasn't well-prepared. I hate to disappoint people and I like to try to learn something whenever and wherever possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment