Friday, February 3, 2012

Not Wearing Red

A colleague said I wasn't wearing red for Heart Health Awareness Day at work, then I pulled up my shirt and said there was red lettering on my undershirt. Reminded me of those in school who said they were still wearing green on St. Patrick's day. Thankfully nobody pinched me like some are known to do if they are caught not wearing green on that March day. After reminding myself about not wearing enough red, I left the breakroom before the picture was taken around midday as I didn't want to ruin the picture.
     It did lead to thinking about a relevant 'Simpsons' episode where Homer is considered to be subversive because he isn't wearing the same shirt as the others are at work. He was spotted on the TV monitors in the office of Mr. Burns.
   At lunchtime I liked how the sandwich maker in the back still knew what I would be ordering and had it made shortly after I saw the order taker, who must be new as I didn't know him.
   In the evening I decided to use my 2 Target gift cards. I got a second as a senior leader gave me a certificate and card, marking my service anniversary a little early, as it is next week. It was a smaller value than the first, which was acquired for winning the attendance contest recently. I got 2 items there, one was a bookcase with some assembly required, and the other was a Charlie Brown DVD, 'Snoopy's Reunion'. Thankfully there was a shopping cart close by so it was easier to get the box into my home. I also filmed a little on my video camera I acquired late last year, while watching a syndicated rerun of 'Monk'. I like the theme song by Randy Newman, as he speaks of how 'it's a jungle out there'. What was unflattering was an ex-boss claiming I was just like Monk, since the character is obsessive compulsive. The episode was part 1 of 2, where he helps with an investigation after an assassination attempt.

No comments:

Post a Comment