Thursday, February 16, 2012

The Real Slim Shady

I liked hearing part of the Eminem song 'The Real Slim Shady' at work earlier today, it was on a colleague's radio when I had to pass by their cube. It in many ways can apply to some of us, 'will the real me please stand up' when we can have varied interests. On Youtube I liked finding a version which had mostly clips from my favorite show, 'the Simpsons'.
   Back at the comedy club tonight, the 400 bar in Minneapolis. I was on first after the emcee as there were two that had to cancel out, one of them was scheduled to be right before me. It felt good to be onstage as usual, looks like the event coordinator would like to make this a regular event, once a month. Some of the new jokes worked well. Unfortunately one of those was were unable to attend is a good friend, and I wanted to give him a picture of us from when he was MC at a show last month. It was done as I wanted a comedian friend in the 'ring of honor'. Hopefully they will get a bigger crowd, as I showed up 30 minutes before showtime but it started 30 minutes late as they were waiting for a bigger crowd to show up. I know he was promoting it often on Facebook.
   I did see the news about the death of Gary Carter, the Hall of Fame baseball player. It can make me feel old when I remember somebody like him. He was one of the few notable players for the now-defunct Montreal Expos. I still have some baseball cards, despite throwing out many before starting college. I would like to think how I have one of his cards, but don't want to take the time to search right now as I am tired. I didn't stay long after the show, compared to last time, for this reason. Though I did go over to Bobby and Steve's to get 2 more small Godfather's pizzas as they are cheap when sold as cold, less than half the original price. I am still picky, which narrows it down real well, don't want cheese so I just get pepperoni and sausage.

No comments:

Post a Comment