Saturday, February 11, 2012

An Even Bigger Bookcase

Assembled bookcase #3, got some help, earlier today. Still need to fill it up some more with books, but wanted to get to a comedy show tonight. It has 5 shelves, same as the second one, but it is wider and taller.
     A friend from open-mic nights was able to get me into a comedy show, liked hearing longer sets like his jokes about watching the movie 'Labyrinth'. The headliner was good as well, especially his jokes about bathroom attendants and exterminators. Met the headliner after the show, along with some of my other comedian friends. Two of them were the opening acts, and two others showed up. I hadn't done many of the non-open-mic shows before, this one was notable as it meant having an assigned seat. But it is a smaller club than some others I've been to. I did send my thanks through a private message on Facebook. I said how comedy has taught me many things, one of them is being gracious. A simple 'thank you' does fine for those who said I did well when I'm onstage, but also when somebody is able to get me into a show.
    I did get some errands done before the show, since it was a later show. But it meant having to line up alternate plans. After getting the bookcase assembled, I went to Maplewood Mall to eat and to use up a gift card at Kohl's. Arrived just after 8pm, and all of the places in the food court were closing up. Didn't want to eat at the McDonald's nearby, even said so to a security guard who was helping to close up the mall for the night. I was informed of an alternate entrance to the Kohl's and avoided going away empty-handed, and bought a replacement pair of Levi's jeans. I knew it was time as I have a hard time ignoring a rip or hole anywhere on clothing. I kept searching for a place to eat, I was picky and by then it was just after 9pm, came up empty at one place as they had just closed. But I finally found a place, open until 11:30pm, and had a gyro sandwich. I like those, they're tasty. It was a place I had wanted to try for a while, but kept passing it by for some reason. I like knowing they have pizza by the slice as well.
   I did have a date in the early afternoon, before the bookcase assembly. We went to Mall of America and played mini-golf, using a free game earned from the last visit in May. There was an Amish couple behind us, as I could tell by the girl's hat. She had an unusual pattern for her dress as well, a pink John Deere dress, may have been hand-sewn.

No comments:

Post a Comment