Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Miss Irvina's Charm School

I was taking the train home after seeing a play earlier today, 'Julius Caesar' at the Guthrie Theater in Minneapolis, and spotted somebody who reminded me of a woman I knew named Irvina. I often joked how she would be sending me to her 'charm school' since she cared about manners a lot. She was the type that would run up to you and hug you. Normally it would give me the willies but I sort of knew her well enough so it didn't bother me as much.
  I had the day off from work so I could attend the event, it is a mentoring program I participate in through my employer. I made it home well before 'Jeopardy' began in the late afternoon, and notable was one of the clues in the 'married a singer' category. Since the answer was Brad Paisley, but the contestants didn't know it.This has happened before, where I know it and the contestants don't.
   Also notable was some of the cleanup and improvements done since I had the time. Like sweeping under my bed, there was a big clump of dust bunnies since I hadn't done it in a while. And I noticed how another channel came up missing on my TV, so I finally got motivated to replace the broken antenna. I didn't care as much for the past 2 months as long as it was just one channel, where I was watching 'Nightline' since it was the ABC affiliate. But when the CBS station came up 'no signal' I said it was time. So I drove over to the Best Buy in Roseville to get another antenna. Then it was on to the comedy club right after it, so the installation wasn't until after the show and during the news. But thankfully I am able to watch 'Nightline' again, features tonight included a child adoption case in the courts in Missouri as well as the python problem in Florida.

No comments:

Post a Comment