Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Returning a Hammer

I was in such a rush on Tuesday that I didn't return a hammer that was on loan from the weekend, a tool used to assemble the bookcase. So I returned it tonight, even though it could have waited until the weekend. I just didn't want to have it on the counter staring at me, saying in its own way, 'you're an idiot'. I try to follow the advice of 'neither a borrower nor a lender be'. Before that I called customer service and got my Paypal account linked to my new Bill Me Later account. There were password issues, but I hadn't used Paypal in a while as there was just a dollar and change in the account.
    I made it to the comedy club just before showtime, and a good friend was emcee, while another was performing and doing a bit about life coaches. I spoke with the former after the show, sounds like she will be emcee this weekend but unsure yet if I am able to attend any shows then. I joked around a little with the latter before the show when I went to get a drink, on Facebook we have been called 'besties' which is definitely accurate.
    I liked getting a comment about an entry from December about the theme song to the TV show 'The Jeffersons'. Apparently it was from a pizza place in Portland, Oregon, called 'Jefferson's'. I would have to tell them that I haven't been to Oregon but would like to visit as I liked reading the story of track star Steve Prefontaine. 'Go Pre'. My favorite movie director, Gus Van Sant, is from Oregon and has filmed there. He's a favorite since he directed my favorite, 'Good Will Hunting'. Another memorable one he directed was 'Paranoid Park', about skateboard punks in Portland.
   It is relevant somehow that I've written about fictional character George Jefferson but probably not yet about an early President, Thomas Jefferson. I'm sure some bemoaned this about American society now, where pop-culture seems to win out. The pizza place may also like to hear how I do have some bobbleheads, and one of them is of this president. It was acquired at a Washington Nationals baseball game in 2007. This was a good tie-in to their 'Racing Presidents' in-game promotion. I would have liked getting the Lincoln bobble as he's a Midwesterner like me but you go with what's available. On the box for the Jefferson bobble I like how they try to educate kids by mention of his accomplishments. Three are mentioned, though just one was as president, the Louisiana Purchase. The other two, Declaration of Independence and founder of the U. of Virginia, were before or after those 8 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment