Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Making Up Time

I went to Roosevelt High School in Minneapolis earlier today for my monthly visit for the advisory program. It was odd how I was asked to give the students their schedule for the rest of the day, but none was supplied for one of the six students there. The lesson spoke of branding, and gave examples like Lady Gaga and other musicians. So I decided to get the students going by telling them about attending concerts, like Lady Gaga, and before that Eminem. Even spoke of singing a Whitney Houston song in Chorus class, and the response from one student was that I sing to them. I declined, saying I wasn't that good and there's a reason why those people were performing onstage in front of thousands and I wasn't. They're better at it than I am, and better at it than most are.
   I was trying to get caught up on work but to no avail, since the catch-up time in the morning wasn't there for me as I was at the school to start off my day. The special project where I am making plenty of copies is hard to keep up with, despite making up time with a shorter lunch and staying a little longer after my normal leave time. I was so busy that a colleague decided to re-pot a plant for me in a larger pot, saying it had grown that much, and to keep it away from light as the heat was killing the spider plant.
   Liked hearing on the news about the exciting win by the Wolves tonight, a 100-98 win over the Utah Jazz. Hopefully I will see a game in person in this shortened season. I don't attend NBA games much, since I grew up in a state with no NBA team I followed college basketball more. Especially when my family often didn't have cable, as one of my comedian friends reminded me he saw plenty of games this way. And he happens to be from Iowa like me. I set a record for carts found in my neighborhood, ten, and I got them back to the store. I have raised the bar so high that it would be hard to top it.

No comments:

Post a Comment