Friday, February 17, 2012

Whitney Houston

I activated a credit card tonight by calling a number on the card, but it was annoying as the customer service rep had too many things to sell me. I just kept saying no. I know this is called 'upselling', from my own experiences of doing call center work. I could have done it online but figured it would still be a quick process over the phone.
    On 'Nightline' tonight there was mention of the famous people scheduled to be at the Whitney Houston memorial service in New Jersey soon. It did remind me of one memory of her songs, it was from chorus class in junior high. We were learning the song 'Greatest Love of All' for a concert and the teacher was hard to please. I said they should just get Whitney to sing it for us. I did end up liking the song quite a bit, since the lyrics were what I agreed with. How I searched for a hero, but couldn't fill that need. Learning to love yourself is the greatest love of all, something I know I didn't do for a while. The instructor was so unpopular that he was forced to resign before the year was over. He made us sit in the corner if we misbehaved, we were too old for that as discipline. Adding on time to the end of class was also a bad idea, especially when we were the lunch period class. It was a longer class than the others, and we went to lunch last. A bad idea to have plenty of hungry and angry kids around.
   I don't think I saw any of her movies like 'Bodyguard', if some of them were romantic movies then it wouldn't appeal to me as I didn't date much for a long time.    

No comments:

Post a Comment