Saturday, February 18, 2012

Ken Burns Baseball

 I used up another gift card today, from BP/Amoco, after I was given this card at the holiday dinner at work in December. So I am back to 3, after getting a Target card at the attendance party on Thursday. It was 'Scene It' and I had 2 of the correct answers for my team. One was movie roles by Tom Hanks, I recognized Josh Baskin as 'Big'. The other was movie credits, I recognized Roman Polanski as 'Man With Knife' in 'Chinatown'. I am eligible for 2 more, but wanted to get the number of cards down before ordering more. I waited a month after the last one to decide what to order, figured that was long enough. Usually it is within a week. I know I have a year after they're deposited, but afraid of forgetting about it if I wait too long.
     In the evening I had dinner with my date and a friend of theirs from college. We ate at Old Chicago Pizza, which I enjoyed, since I like seeing reminders of an area I once lived in. Liked seeing some of the souvenirs belonging to their family, like a ball signed by the 1982 St. Louis Cardinals, who won the World Series. Later on I saw part of the Ken Burns documentary about baseball, the 'first inning'. I knew many of the names mentioned in it, like Cap Anson and John McGraw.

No comments:

Post a Comment