Monday, February 13, 2012

They Like The Movies

I looked at the stats for the blog  as I hadn't seen what the traffic was like for a while. I am pleased whenever anyone reads what is written. Somehow it comes as no surprise when the most popular postings were about movies like 'Ides of March', the biopic on J. Edgar Hoover, and 'Horrible Bosses', a Redbox rental. On some level, it makes sense as it's a fairly big common interest- entertainment. And some likely want to hear from those who've already seen it before they go see it. I may not read blogs to decide on what movies to see, but it's a way that many of us communicate now, along with Facebook.
   At the comedy club tonight the show ran long as there was a bonus performer, somebody I hadn't heard of but the emcee said he had been performing at the Guthrie theater. I will admit that I didn't give him much of a chance as I just wanted to get home and wasn't expecting a bonus performer. I laughed some, but a minimal amount.
   Because of the winter weather I made it to the club just before the cut-off time to get signed up. Even though I wanted to return the Redbox movie, that didn't take long, and I got started a few minutes earlier than typical because of this errand.

No comments:

Post a Comment