Saturday, February 25, 2012

Waconia

Found a few more leads in the Charlie Brown and Snoopy statue search. There was an extensive collection of articles from 2002, about the Lucy series. It would have been 60 pages to print, so I decided to glean the most important articles, knocking it down to 7. I wanted more information about the one that was bought at an auction and at a park in Waconia, just outside the metro area. I did drive out there to find it, and after driving around the lake a little I turned by the sign directing us into downtown and it was there. There was a big playground nearby, I got a picture of it as well. It is likely the only one that will be found this month, but I like how we've kept the streak alive of finding at least one a month. I'm thrilled that we haven't run out of ideas yet, even though more than 120 have been found. With the later months, we will have to see about hours of operation if inside a business that may not be open on the weekends. Before we arrived back in the metro, we stopped at a Dairy Queen for some Blizzard treats. We had seen it on the drive over to Waconia.
   In the late evening, I went with my date to a comedy show at Corner Bar in Minneapolis. One of my friends was performing. Had to make reservations as the first show was sold out, it was crowded for the later show as well. We arrived just before showtime and were given the last two available seats, right by the stage. I had seen 3 of the 4 performers before, just not the one after the MC. It figured into why I left my seat and went up to get drinks during their act, also since the server was hard to find. I liked how he did my favorite joke, and getting a shoutout as well. Before the show we played Trivial Pursuit, and unfortunately I was a little preoccupied as I noticed there was a hole in one sock. The other was about to get one. So eventually I ripped up both to the level of knowing I couldn't wear them again and got out another pair.  

No comments:

Post a Comment