Monday, February 27, 2012

Two Theater Mailings

I get the typical junk mail, but keep noticing I get 2 flyers from Park Square Theater in St. Paul. Don't know why, but I think it's a good idea to contact them as I just need one flyer to know about upcoming shows. This tends to happen when things are computer generated, my best guess is another account was created when I last got tickets to see the Gershwin play in December as I paid with a debit card that time instead of with cash. I know this is more likely to happen if there is a slightly different spelling of a name, like if going by initials instead of the full name. There are plenty of possible variations of names as we know.
 At the comedy club tonight, I saw a comedian that hadn't been in town for a while, a Kansas native who spoke of getting gigs in the 'I-70 corridor'. This would include Columbia, MO, a college town, as well as St. Louis, MO. He had spoken of doing corporate gigs, as well as opening for Dustin Diamond, 'Screech' from 'Saved By the Bell'. This was relevant to me as I referred to him in my first ever time onstage, saying it was unflattering when classmates from high school and college said I looked and acted like him. Though our hairstyles are nothing alike. I still like how I can turn some of my pain into laughs.

No comments:

Post a Comment