Wednesday, February 29, 2012

John Deere Popcorn

Leap day, plenty of news articles about the rarity. I just mainly think of how I have to change the date on my watch, which already says March 1. But I will do that on the next day, much easier if I wait. At the comedy club tonight it went great onstage, though I would have liked more than 3 minutes. A new joke went well, it was a suggestion from somebody who knows me well, I like how they approved of me using it.
   At my job, I am nearly caught up at work since very little new work coming in today. So yes, Virginia, we did have work today. Figured so since the buses were still running. I at first liked the special project, or new assignment, given to me, but it is hard to keep up with it. But it is still nice to get a change of pace, as I was in somewhat of a rut and needed another challenge. There was a nice reminder of why I got into comedy, had to pause when seeing it at work. It was a document signed by a colleague named Jeff, who died of cancer in 2008. I still have a copy of an email he sent me about high school hockey teams, next to a puck I kept from a game at Aldrich Arena in Maplewood. I was telling him the story about how I got the puck, an unlikely one. I was holding a popcorn box in one hand and felt something hit the other hand, a puck! It was during warmups, and unlikely since it was way above the goalie net.
   I finally decided to pop the John Deere microwave popcorn from the state fair, but it didn't pop as much as expected and scorched. Don't know what lesson is to be learned from it. I like popcorn a lot, though not every place I frequent has it. And of course it can be expensive at the movie theaters.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment