Thursday, February 2, 2012

Counting Flowers On The Wall

For some reason I have the song 'Counting Flowers on The Wall' by the Statler Brothers stuck in my head. I knew it was in a movie, Pulp Fiction, but I haven't seen it in a while. Liked getting a new assignment sent my way at work, more cross training. It may just be data entry, but I feel more valuable when learning another skill. Most people do.
    All I can think of as to why I was thinking of the song was that I must have been bored. At times I feel like my job doesn't challenge me enough. The lyrics speak of smoking cigarettes and watching Captain Kangaroo, but maybe I was just thinking of Pulp Fiction as to what triggered the memory of the song. I know after that movie I think of the song differently since a violent car crash involving Bruce Willis is happening when the song is playing. I think I said the same thing about a Johnny Cash song, 'Tennessee Stud', which was in the movie 'American Gangster' if I'm not mistaken. It's the power of movies, shaping the way we think and see things. Of course it meant going onto Youtube to listen to the song, since I like that site for music.
   Naturally the big news is about Groundhog Day, I am still wondering how many of those are entrusted with weather predictions. I know there is one in Pennsylvania, which led to the movie of the same name starring Bill Murray. But I think there are some in other states, like Wisconsin.

No comments:

Post a Comment