Friday, February 10, 2012

Claddagh Coffee Shop

Went to a post office to mail a utility bill at lunchtime, odd how there was a sign up saying it was closed. Claims it was due to short staff. But there still was somebody inside. Planned on opening again in less than an hour later, according to the posting, but thankfully I didn't need anything.
    This evening I went with my date to a birthday party at a coffee shop called Claddagh in St. Paul, looks like it was fairly new according to the sign, opening last year. It was held in the basement, kind of crowded down there, so eventually I went up to street level and listened to the music playing. A duo was playing 'Dream' by the Everly Brothers, a reminder of being in chorus class in junior high as we sang it then. It was nice to see the wall art, and even a sign about the 'Senility Pledge'- instead of  serenity- which made it funnier. We stayed for about 90 minutes, liked seeing little grilled sandwiches there as well as some tasty cookie bars.
     After the event I watched a video of classic TV commercials, I had found it in a discount bin when I lived in suburban Chicago. In a critical writing class at the Loft in Minneapolis, I once wrote about this video as there was some catchy commericals in it like Ed McMahon bowling in a Budweiser beer commercial. Plenty of soap commercials, as well as some no longer done like cigarettes and Frito Bandito.

No comments:

Post a Comment