Sunday, February 12, 2012

Taxes and Grammys

I  had plenty of errand running to do today, accomplished most of it as I got started early on trash and dishes and groceries. Wanted to get to the fitness center, but it was more important to get the income taxes done. The federal has been e-filed with H and R Block, the state I am mailing in. I like filing taxes for free.
    After watching a Redbox movie, 'Our Idiot Brother', starring Paul Rudd, I tuned in for the news at 10pm. But it wasn't on yet, as the Grammy awards show was running long. Some media outlets had features about remembering Whitney Houston, who was found dead on Saturday.
    I liked the Redbox movie, a good family story. Funny how the main character's dog name was Willie Nelson, and there were 3 Willie songs in the movie, I checked the credits. I had seen some of Rudd's movies before, like 'Overnight Delivery', with Reese Witherspoon. Still wanting to have dinner sometime at one of the restaurants featured in it, but hard to schedule, and a little bit of a drive as well. It was my second rental of the year, though I am waiting until the next day to return it as I have until 9pm Monday before further charges. He has 3 sisters, one bisexual, another a celebrity gossip reporter, the third married to a documentary filmmaker.
    Even though I didn't see much of the Grammys, I saw how Adele won some awards. Also saw the performance by Nicki Minaj, about an exorcism. I know musicians have dealt with religious faith before, such as Madonna's 'Like a Prayer', which was controversial as well. It also reminds me of Lady Gaga's 'Judas', with what appeared to be an auto-biographical lyric: 'in the most Biblical sense, I am beyond repentance'. There's also the Smashing Pumpkins song 'Bullet With Butterfly Wings', 'I still believe that I cannot be saved'. I like hearing musicians exploring their thoughts so honestly.

No comments:

Post a Comment