Monday, February 6, 2012

Soul to Squeeze

On the way back from the comedy club tonight I heard 2 songs I liked, 'Say It Aint so' by Weezer and 'Soul to Squeeze' by Red Hot Chili Peppers. The latter was in a movie, 'Coneheads' which I haven't seen. Nice video to it, a circus theme. I imitate the video when I hear it, as the frontman Anthony Keidis will touch his shoe during one lyric, 'on my feet'. I do the same when hearing 'Interstate Love Song' by Stone Temple Pilots, as one scene in the video shows a band member just tossing playing cards.
   Before the show I saw one comic on a lower level, we spoke briefly. I did say I was tired as I had been busy with work and writing a blog, they were impressed with hearing how I write a blog. I said I like to write about music, and this entry is evident of course. I did speak of Emerson Hough being my inspiration as a writer, and I still think about this every so often like when I wear the hoodie with the Hough name on it, from the school named for him.
    Again, I did not get a 'Superamerica special' tonight for dinner, as there was another small Godfather's pizza to eat. I bought 2 last week while nearby at the Guthrie, as they are sold at a convenience store near 35W.  

No comments:

Post a Comment