Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Airline Mile Milestone

On the way to catch the bus this morning, I fell on the ice. Couldn't see it as it was covered by snow that had just fallen. I told myself right away to 'get up!' though I still needed a little time. But I didn't want to miss the bus, made it just in time. My knee doesn't feel quite right, but I've been walking on it without much pain so hopefully I just 'tweaked' it. At the comedy club tonight I kept it elevated on a nearby chair, I think that helps quite a bit. A friend was show closer tonight, he did many of my favorite jokes and will be performing at the same club this week. Will have to see if I have time to attend any of the shows.
   At work there was preparations in case the office closes due to weather on Wednesday, like postponing a 'Health Ahead' event. Hard to say the odds of closure, last year was the first time in my tenure with the company, over a decade. Driving back from the club tonight, it was still just wet but looked like it was starting to change to freezing rain. I did go slower than typical on the drive home. Also spoke with a comedian who is in town from Detroit this week for shows, I like his joke about K-Mart looking like it went out of business years ago.
    I reached a milestone on airline miles, over 25,000 now. It helps to answer online surveys. In the past year I have dumped 6,000 miles into the account from it. Just added 500 tonight to get it up to the plateau. I had a dream about a local sports reporter, I think the man is obnoxious but I defend him in it, saying the other man was disrespectful.
   There was a public hearing on Emerson Hough School in Newton on Monday, but there was very little online as to the results of it. There were proposals to move the alternative high school there as well as administrative offices, preschool programs are there now in place of the elementary. Relevant as I started the blog to write about the school's namesake. The founder of the Facebook page sais he fears that E.H. will never be an elementary again if this plan goes through, though it hasn't been one for nearly 2 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment