Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Simpsons Hindenburg Parody

I like Youtube a lot for music. When looking up 'Where is My Mind' I found a version which began with a 'Simpsons' clip of the newsman Kent Brachman. It was announcing the explosion of the Duff beer blimp, piloted by the town drunk Barney Gumble, and Kent saying 'oh the humanity'. It looked a lot like a parody of the Hindenburg explosion from the 1930s. It for some reason makes me think of a 'Ducktales' episode I once saw where there was a movie about the 'Hindentanic', a merger of 2 disasters of course.
    At the comedy club tonight one friend did a joke about a hotel he stayed at on the way to a gig, and a cat that was there. I had to ask where it was, informed it was in the south suburbs of Chicago on the way to a gig in Michigan. I spoke of once living in the northwest suburbs. I liked a reminder of an area I once lived in. I did share a story about staying in a fleabag hotel when I first moved there, where a sign posted at the front desk said 'no drugs, we call the police'. The hotel was called the 'Haven', which was a joke in and of itself. A haven for, or from, what? I've realized, whenever something triggers a memory, that there's plenty of material available from my life experiences. And much of it from a while ago is funnier to me now since it's in the past, and I found my way out of the ordeal.

No comments:

Post a Comment